A Mid-Summer Night's Play
on fallen log
and a dot of glowing green
as a fishing spider
nods to the headlamp
with star-mangled eyes
in glaring delight.
Inside the crater of a dead log
there is a scratching song of Katydids
a nocturnal foray
in blossoming darkness
with oak and hickory and tulip trees
in soldier-stance salutation.
Bugs luminescent in ecstasy
innocent in a mating furor
and ritualistic by default
inside the crater
of a dead log
exuding spasms of life
with sexual appetite.
Watch termites dance
is musical melodrama
in a lavender glow
of black light.
On the other side
of the dead log
longhorn beetles urinate
while camel cricket
flutter in a sugary bait.
there is no end
of this mid-Summer night's play.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mid-Summer Night's Play by Leonard Dabydeen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- habit, laxami Cards
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..