Under the willow tree,
you whispered your secrets to me,
and we exchanged
a smile and a tear.
And when the sun finally fell,
the stars kept us company,
Silence, dear, was always a friend.
And in the moments that we held,
they withered and faded with the breeze
our sorrows left with them.
And we witnessed the trees
and succumbing to the wind's command.
When the wind speaks to the trees;
they listen and they dance,
but when the tree speaks;
the wind sings.
Just before the break of dawn
you tell me again,
of the shell beneath the stone,
the sky above the ground,
and where they all meet,
in the valley of acceptance
where silence reigns.
And now as your leaving
footsteps reach my ears,
the echo of your words
lay freshly etched in my heart.
And so with a last wave,
I dismiss you - a memory.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Memory by Haajar Farah )
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
Robert Laurence Binyon
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
(10 December 1824 – 18 September 1905)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)