A March By A Stage
For a while my conscience
has known no joy.
And in the pleasures of pain,
no man is an exception.
Each time upon the sight of their
clan, contrition feels me empty!
Who knows the bud from which
we singly sprout, though we all
sprung from the same tree?
How mawkishly emotional
I march by an unlooking pretender!
From all I have been and seen,
to them, our lives' sloamey,
and they might be right.
Though I have my own state
of mental sadness,
their sighs of plaintive voices
sterns me and bosoms me with pure pain.
Coldly and slowly, amidst
those fellows' survey
I can plead no excuse;
I too I'm part of man's race!
And there is much in life,
but to think for a while, undoutly,
the find no flick of ecstasy.
For my yielding sight,
the overcrowds me with despair
and strikes me like lightening.
Those fellows without hearts,
soo dump without will,
soo pure with dry lips,
strangely, they work me out a deal!
Could it be, or more likely exquisitely,
Ah! how can my life be at
joy, when there is no pleasure in their looks?
How can I laugh, when they find
no cause to even smile?
Ah! how can I, I dare not even.
Agboyi Felix's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A March By A Stage by Agboyi Felix )
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Storm Within, Erika Wingo
- The Beloved XXXVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Last Inks XXXVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Sit silently, hasmukh amathalal
- Only People XXXVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Music to My Ears XXXIX, Sadiqullah Khan
- Naked Storm XL, Sadiqullah Khan
- Democracy in Decay XLI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Boundless Honor XLII, Sadiqullah Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Hunger, Jayanta Mahapatra
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)