A March By A Stage
For a while my conscience
has known no joy.
And in the pleasures of pain,
no man is an exception.
Each time upon the sight of their
clan, contrition feels me empty!
Who knows the bud from which
we singly sprout, though we all
sprung from the same tree?
How mawkishly emotional
I march by an unlooking pretender!
From all I have been and seen,
to them, our lives' sloamey,
and they might be right.
Though I have my own state
of mental sadness,
their sighs of plaintive voices
sterns me and bosoms me with pure pain.
Coldly and slowly, amidst
those fellows' survey
I can plead no excuse;
I too I'm part of man's race!
And there is much in life,
but to think for a while, undoutly,
the find no flick of ecstasy.
For my yielding sight,
the overcrowds me with despair
and strikes me like lightening.
Those fellows without hearts,
soo dump without will,
soo pure with dry lips,
strangely, they work me out a deal!
Could it be, or more likely exquisitely,
Ah! how can my life be at
joy, when there is no pleasure in their looks?
How can I laugh, when they find
no cause to even smile?
Ah! how can I, I dare not even.
Agboyi Felix's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A March By A Stage by Agboyi Felix )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.