A March By A Stage
For a while my conscience
has known no joy.
And in the pleasures of pain,
no man is an exception.
Each time upon the sight of their
clan, contrition feels me empty!
Who knows the bud from which
we singly sprout, though we all
sprung from the same tree?
How mawkishly emotional
I march by an unlooking pretender!
From all I have been and seen,
to them, our lives' sloamey,
and they might be right.
Though I have my own state
of mental sadness,
their sighs of plaintive voices
sterns me and bosoms me with pure pain.
Coldly and slowly, amidst
those fellows' survey
I can plead no excuse;
I too I'm part of man's race!
And there is much in life,
but to think for a while, undoutly,
the find no flick of ecstasy.
For my yielding sight,
the overcrowds me with despair
and strikes me like lightening.
Those fellows without hearts,
soo dump without will,
soo pure with dry lips,
strangely, they work me out a deal!
Could it be, or more likely exquisitely,
Ah! how can my life be at
joy, when there is no pleasure in their looks?
How can I laugh, when they find
no cause to even smile?
Ah! how can I, I dare not even.
Agboyi Felix's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A March By A Stage by Agboyi Felix )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty