A Man Who Set His Journey Back To Time
I closed my eyes tightly awaiting sleep caressing the conscious with its magical touch! Through the slightly opened window glasses, the northern wind whistles humming the melodies of distant past! O dear angel, of a blissful night, sit besides me, for a night of ardent love!
Through the falling lids of jaded eyes, show me a land dense of green, amidst the woods appear the streams, the bells of anklets of a naughty girl hide beneath the huge tree trunks. Chasing the shyness deep in the woods, lead me to the virgin lands, unseen, unworn!
Show me a hut there to refuge my dreams, lit a lamp of wisdom for the passersby! An adobe for an adorable beast or beauty or for flying birds or stinging flies – an adobe that would embrace them tight unto heart. Kiss them adieu in a morning, when the distant paths await their paces.
Upon the dark lit summer skies, show me meteors showering the riches; brush my eyes with colours celestial; let me pick them all and bury deep for ages to come. Come not O greedy eyes of lust, for its saved for the noble souls.
Show me twilight, where colours melting unto the distant horizons would leave me lone in profound muse! Winter, when the lastest leaf faint upon the arms of chilled breeze, lit a pyre of noble thoughts, embrace me the warmth of an abundant life!
Show me a tomb earthly under the mist, upon which the December flowers wither their petals! And a naked man kneeling down upon on the wet green with his temples on the marble and caressing the inscription: ‘A man who set his journey back to time! ’
O the angel of darkest night, hold my hands and take me aboard!
© Preeth Nambiar 2013
Preeth Nambiar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Who Set His Journey Back To Time by Preeth Nambiar )
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)