A Man Is
A Man is,
Is what a Man does
What he does, is what he believes.
If he ever stops doing
In what he does believe
He will never again believe.
For he will be a disgrace
In his own grace
A rejection to his sight,
While doing the things
That he once had denied
Now he lives from the roots of his lies.
He will say one thing
Then he will do another
Liken a disease under cover,
While thinking it is good
And also thinking it is fine
Then destroying themselves in that crime.
Sometimes he is good
And then sometimes he is right
And sometimes he will have pleasure in his sight,
But when he starts doing
The things against which he talked about
He himself becomes that lie.
He will be a disgrace
And in the eyes of all others
And will also leave himself in doubt,
As a man does not cheat
And a man never robs or steals
His man hood is all that he worries about.
He tries to do no wrong
Against family or friends
So strong is a mans will,
He will fight for his right
Will break is own back
And only to GOD will he ever kneel.
He works for his living
Proudly collects the sweat on his brow
He takes no hand out from any man,
As what he does own
Is what he had earned
But that only a man could understand.
He fights his own battles
He asks no one to fight them for him
As a man he has his pride,
He lives by his conscience
He stands for his family
Sometimes with GOD only at his side.
As his son someday
He will become a man
Almost the same as his father was
He will be brave and will be honest
And Loving father he will be known
And his heart will always be filled with love.
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Man Is by Randy McClave )
- His Voice, Rani Turton
- Love Me Tender, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Limerick-10, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Beautiful You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Limerick-9, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Don't Walk With Your Eyes Closed, Edmund Harborer
- The earth and the sky, gajanan mishra
- My angel, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Just Another Avenue., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Prisoner's Song, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(600 - 670)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)