A Man, Human Being
I am a man, human being, rational am I
Not beast not animal not criminal not cruel
I am light I am in light I am enlightened.
I can distinguish real from unreal
Virtue from sin, duty from forbidden actions
I am my own nation, I am Your son.
You have taught me what ought to be done
I know from You what ought not to be done
I am Your son, I do not know how to handle gun.
When I want to know I can know
O my dear, I am Yours for ever
You are here with me for a cause, better.
Let the world be in pleasure, O my dear
It is Your world, I am its part and parcel
I am ever ready to go if You call.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Man, Human Being by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
- Salt on Watermelon, Von Kimball Barney
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)