A Man, Human Being
I am a man, human being, rational am I
Not beast not animal not criminal not cruel
I am light I am in light I am enlightened.
I can distinguish real from unreal
Virtue from sin, duty from forbidden actions
I am my own nation, I am Your son.
You have taught me what ought to be done
I know from You what ought not to be done
I am Your son, I do not know how to handle gun.
When I want to know I can know
O my dear, I am Yours for ever
You are here with me for a cause, better.
Let the world be in pleasure, O my dear
It is Your world, I am its part and parcel
I am ever ready to go if You call.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Man, Human Being by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- I SLEEP FOR A DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Modern Indian English Poetess, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Soul, Richard Bretton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)