A Man, Human Being
I am a man, human being, rational am I
Not beast not animal not criminal not cruel
I am light I am in light I am enlightened.
I can distinguish real from unreal
Virtue from sin, duty from forbidden actions
I am my own nation, I am Your son.
You have taught me what ought to be done
I know from You what ought not to be done
I am Your son, I do not know how to handle gun.
When I want to know I can know
O my dear, I am Yours for ever
You are here with me for a cause, better.
Let the world be in pleasure, O my dear
It is Your world, I am its part and parcel
I am ever ready to go if You call.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Man, Human Being by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale