A Lover's Lament
My soul unto thy heart is given,
In mystic fold do they entwine,
So bound in one that, were they riven,
Apart my soul would life resign.
Thou art my song and I the lyre;
Thou art the breeze and I the brier;
The altar I, and thou the fire;
Devoid your love, and I the crier.
Mine the deep love, the beauty thine!
As fleets away the rapid hour
While weeping—may, my sorrowing lay
Touch thee, love thee, my sweet flower.
GJG Elton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lover's Lament by GJG Elton )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner