Alon Calinao Dy
I am a lover and a dreamer
I dream that one day
I would conquer my greatest fear-
Fear of hurting my dearest Pearl Gay.
I've been down before with a heart broken-
Hurt, cried and forsaken.
Yet I'm a certified lover
Willing to bear the pain to the one I loved.
Even though a sharpest spear
Would hit me in the heart,
I won't give up my love for her.
Still I'll break rocks for my sweetheart.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lover by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker