A Lovely Bride On Way To Funeral!
I often tell my beloved,
Please adorn me with beautiful,
Like a lovely bride, I should look.
Once, I had long shining silky hair,
And I loved to wear jasmine flowers,
But I cut my hair short.
But don't be stingy
Tuck jasmine flowers only, in my hair.
Cover me with kanjeepuram sari only,
Else I will question you.
As I love to look today,
Like a beautiful bride.
Cover me with full of fragrance,
As I love perfumes,
My eyes to be beautifully drawn with,
Of course, be careful as it may hurt me too.
No lipstick as I don't like.
Yeah but scented talcum powder would be fine for me.
And one big bindi on my forehead.
And a small sandal wood paste on top of it.
I should look like a beautiful bride.
Don't wake up the bride.
She is in her deep sleep....
Let her sleep!
Note..In this poem, I portrayed a scene of a woman whose husband fulfils her last death wishes. Like a bride she was decorated and taken for funeral. Thats why I said last lines...let her sleep...
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lovely Bride On Way To Funeral! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- a written poem, animesh sapkota
- Nobody Home - 1. Forever We Roll, Joseph Archer
- Losing Interest, Dawson Walter Smith
- Thirteen Ways To Look at Flowers, Mason Liu
- Suicide, Michael P. McParland
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey