A love with no regret
I look at the exit door and i see her,
With the mirage of her shadows from afar.
I look at the past and i see her smile,
A smile that lasted for a while.
She was once my heaven grace,
Now leaving with no trace.
She was my last solution,
But now irritate like pollution.
She once brought happiness,
Now that happiness is lost in this time of darkness.
I thought she was sent from heaven,
Made with all the beauties of heaven.
But i was so wrong of her,
Cos she was never αs amazing like the stars.
I once thought we would have a great future,
Each time i stare at her picture.
I once thought that she could be a great wife,
And that together we would have a wonderful life.
I once gave her my heart,
When we began from the start.
I wonder how it all went wrong,
That made us not to last long.
Then i realised that we were never meant for each other,
For there is no future with us together.
Now she is gone for good,
Far away from my neighbourhood.
I will cherish the moment we had,
Those moment that weren't bad.
I will never forget how happy we were,
That made us forget about our fears.
Those times that gave us joy and fulfillment,
That also brought us contemptment.
I can look back now with no regret,
That i met someone like you on earth.
For you thought me a lesson,
That will open doors to more blessing.
In spite of all that happened you will still remain in my heart,
For when you left you never tore it apart.
My door of friendship will always remain open,
Anytime you want our love story book to be reopen.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A love with no regret by Stanley Oguh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan