A Love To Last
We stole each others heart away,
With hope, with dreams and care;
E'er knowing love would pave the way
For blissful times we'd share.
So oft we trod those peaceful hills,
When love was sweet and new;
Twas there that passion lit the spark
From whence our family grew.
Then death made claim, that fated day,
Amidst the tears we cried
And now, my dear, I see so clear,
Our love has never died.
To soon, in time I'll follow you
Across that great divide;
Together now, forevermore,
Together, side by side.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Love To Last by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael McParland
- A Witness, Abraham Sutzkever
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Brooding, Michael McParland
- In The Bliss..., John Ugolo Umah
- Breathing Space, Michael McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael McParland
- Another One, John Ugolo Umah
- Blackness, Michael McParland