A Love Story
You are the fire
I am the ice.
They say we don't match.
But we don't think twice.
It won't suffice,
To stop us touch.
Your enchanting pleas.
Won't let me be.
All on my own.
They invite me closer.
And I fall for.
I call toward thee.
My echo roars,
Your whole new world.
Of ardent desires.
I frost thy blood
That runs through your veins.
I can't stop the fiery burning.
It does not quench me.
Makes me more thirsty…
I can't explain.
You burn my heart
With the fiery darts.
That tear apart
My mortal being.
They amiably hurt me.
Make me want more.
I break thy bones.
You scorch my skin.
I do not know what to expect next.
But a beautiful, pristine feeling,
Already is born.
Starts to have meaning,
We call it simply,
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Love Story by Besa Dede )
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Night Inside, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Glow worm..., Mark Heathcote
- Resistance To Change, Is It Poetry
- The Pirate's Lament, Alex Dubedat
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)