a lost smile
I think of all my smiles that I've worn,
which hide my sorrows underneath.
No one seems to notice that,
I'm going through so much grief.
I cry and cry inside my pretty little tired eyes,
no one actually seems to realize,
what is presently going inside.
I'm going far away from everyone.
That no one seems to see my real pain.
My heart is totally broken after so much suffering,
unable to face anyone.
It feels like it's the last of my life,
As i have got no support by my side.
I have really started to abhor myself and
have started to find things quite uncertain.
I find people to be quite ignorant towards me,
as it is, i know they are idyllic without me.
I am very puzzled at present,
What to do? Is my situation.
I only meet illusive people in this inconsiderate world.
I am such a numpty person,
that in this world expect people to know my situation.
After knowing as it is they would remain ignoramuses.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a lost smile by mahima pahwa )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Be young at heart, Nero CaroZiv
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi