A Long Way Back Home
I compared the miles of her train-ride
With the words we used
To explain our madness.
A relative notion
(As my tongue
Screamed into the receiver)
To the passion
In my volume.
Please ignore the voice.”
I asked her
To pretend like my touch
Is a tattoo.
A permanent narration of memory.
Inked into flesh.
Much like how saliva dries
On our lips
After we kiss.
I’ll keep them moist
She’s coming home.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Way Back Home by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- habit, laxami Cards
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..