A Long Time Ago.
-Do you remember him? It was a long time ago. Jewel?
-Oh, yes. He held my childhood in his furry grip.
-Sure. And I played his game once or twice, and won!
-And you, Juana?
-I'm not sure. I think I remember him. What did he look like, again?
-Ears, I suppose, were his most conspicuous trait. Long they were, and covered with dark, soft hair.
-Oooo, that makes me shiver. I'm sure our paths must have crossed.
- And his nose went wiggle-waggle-wiggle.
Yes, almost definitely.
-And he had rheumatism and hopped along with a cane, striped red, blue and white, like a barber's pole. The kind you still see on West 23rd Street. Some traditions never die.
-But on second thought, I'm not really sure-
That's ok. It was before you emigrated. Besides, he had a girlfriend. Does anyone remember her name?
-That would be Nurse Jane Fuzzy-Wuzzy, the muskrat lady.
-Kudos, Janis, that's absolutely right.Memory is a funny thing.
-Wait a minute. Didn't she do a lot of baking?
-almost never took her head out of the oven. Right, again, Jewel.
-I think they were married.
-No, Janis, you're wrong, they weren't. I think Uncle Wiggly was in it for the pie.
-Just so. But admit it- he was ahead of his time.
-In what sense?
-Um, he was the first rabbit to call an automobile a car!
-Is that all?
-Small fish. Anything else?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Long Time Ago. by Morgan Michaels )
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan