A LONELY NIGHT
A lonely night,
just me and fog.
A crushing sound of barking dog.
A gental breeze now get a blame,
the candel cries, she lost the flame.
when the stars come for a treat of light.
some dreams knocked at the door of night,
now i am the king of my land,
a fairy comes and hold my hand.
we get together
and dance tonight
what a feeling!
is it called the love at site?
suddenly someone put break on my dreamy train,
street dogs are bark again.
now i returned in the real world
of a lonely night, fog and
some barking dog.
: -) adil khan
adil khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A LONELY NIGHT by adil khan )
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)