Sonya Annita Song
A Little Nutty
Peanut butter was a guy
Who never compromised,
For surely, he thought,
No one could be nuttier than I.
As king of all the nuts
You'd find him almost anywhere -
Sometimes lurking in your fridge
Or nibbling on your hair.
'Oh, that's your fault, ' he'd quickly say
If ever he was caught,
'Your fridge seemed rather lonely, ' or
'Your hair was in a knot.
And then he'd blob his way along
In peanut butter style
With sticky satisfaction
At his buttered use of guile.
He ate his peanuts every day
To keep him nice and strong,
And blobbing back and forth real slow,
You'd hear him sing this song:
'Peanut butter is the best!
I dare you to defy
That there is anybody who
Is nuttier than I.'
And as he sang his nutty song,
He saw a girl named jelly
Whose blush made all the nuts whirl round
Deep in his peanut belly.
And though she saw him coming from
Almost a mile away,
She let him come and take her hand
In globbish disarray.
'Peanut butter is the best
Is what I used to think,
But the two of us together
Would be perfectly in sync.
So take my peanut butter hand
And be my queen of jelly,
And I will always keep you warm
With all my peanut belly.'
Sonya Annita Song's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Little Nutty by Sonya Annita Song )
- Each Page Is A Door To Another Place, Curtlan Popo
- Truly Normal, Robert Eckstein
- Believing In Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- BEAUTY ONLY, hasmukh amathalal
- Passion Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'It is, what it is', Mae AC.
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Our first meet, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)