A Little Girl's Dream
She's not afraid of horrible people
but she still dreams of someone sweet
people hurt the little girls
is it 'cause they're pretty?
is it 'cause they're innocent?
She just wants to be innocent,
she just wants to be sweet
but who ever listens
to a little girl's dream?
Maybe the horrible people
need to see something horrible
for them to change.
Is that her purpose
to just get hurt and
to never get to live her dreams?
Maybe everybody will be sweet someday
when the little girl's been beat-up and bled away
too bad she never gets to see
what becomes of a little's girl's dream.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Girl's Dream by Kelly Zion )
Poem of the Day
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Lob, Edward Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)