A Little Girl's Dream
She's not afraid of horrible people
but she still dreams of someone sweet
people hurt the little girls
is it 'cause they're pretty?
is it 'cause they're innocent?
She just wants to be innocent,
she just wants to be sweet
but who ever listens
to a little girl's dream?
Maybe the horrible people
need to see something horrible
for them to change.
Is that her purpose
to just get hurt and
to never get to live her dreams?
Maybe everybody will be sweet someday
when the little girl's been beat-up and bled away
too bad she never gets to see
what becomes of a little's girl's dream.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Girl's Dream by Kelly Zion )
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)