A Lighted Tower
I wonder about you
standing purposely on immense seas
with a sweeping loneness.
A lighted tower,
you seem perfectly suited to who you are.
I, unlike you,
am always in trouble with myself,
there is great division.
The bridge has never been built
connecting one side of me to the other.
I am attracted by your excellence.
I see the tower
and call upon the architect of my bridge;
the specifications are
that it connects me to you.
When it comes time to cross
I will know what is on the other side.
You bridged me when we first made contact.
Something very deep in you
pulled me out of myself,
the fog lifted
and I moved toward your light,
your eyes, the beams;
your body, the tower;
your voice, the horn
and your presence the way,
a lighthouse of dreams.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lighted Tower by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh