Captain Cur (England)
A Lighted Tower
I wonder about you
standing purposely on immense seas
with a sweeping loneness.
A lighted tower,
you seem perfectly suited to who you are.
I, unlike you,
am always in trouble with myself,
there is great division.
The bridge has never been built
connecting one side of me to the other.
I am attracted by your excellence.
I see the tower
and call upon the architect of my bridge;
the specifications are
that it connects me to you.
When it comes time to cross
I will know what is on the other side.
You bridged me when we first made contact.
Something very deep in you
pulled me out of myself,
the fog lifted
and I moved toward your light,
your eyes, the beams;
your body, the tower;
your voice, the horn
and your presence the way,
a lighthouse of dreams.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
- 2 To The 5th Power
- A Composition Of Rare Feminine Art, Not ...
- A Composition of Rare Feminine Art, Pian...
- A Lighted Tower
- A Pirate and a Poetess
- Adagio, love poems
- Adventure of Two Captains, Ashland Castl...
- Adventures of Two Captains
- Adventures of Two Captains to the Heart ...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Fall of A, P...
- Adventures of Two Captains, Part 9
- An Amusing Find
- Armored Hawk of War
- Beauty Fathomless, love poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.