A Life Story
There once was boy from Houston
And a girl from Jacksonville
One day they met and grew a love
Stronger than life itself.
As days went by
Their love never died
But soon they grew apart.
For what they had
Was to good to last
But boy was it a start.
Later in life
They met again
This time older
They each had friends
Their love was still there
They couldn't pretend
That what they wanted
Was to be nothing more than friends
Because deep inside
They both knew
What they wanted most to do
And that was to be
Both honest and true
Through and through.
Bailey Schatte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Life Story by Bailey Schatte )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon