A learned person shall not eat the food from….!
A learned person
Who had learnt many moral books;
Who knows what is just and morality
Shall not eat the food served by
The below mentioned three persons!
A person with low caliber and mean minded
Who never respects the elders and educated,
Who lives with extreme pride
A whore wearing beautifully
Designed bangles jewelry,
Who bargains her beauty –
With narrow waist and broad hip
Resembling the hood of a cobra -
Sells her private parts for money!
A person who destroyed the almshouse
Meant for poor people and saints!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A learned person shall not eat the food from….! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
செருக்கினால் வாழும் சிறியவனும் பைத்தகன்ற
அல்குல் விலைபகரும் ஆய்தொடியும் - நல்லவர்க்கு
வைத்த அறப்புறம் கொன்றானும் இம்மூவர்
கைத்துண்ணார் கற்றறிந் தார்.25 திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (A learned person shall not eat the food from….! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher