John F. McCullagh
A knife in the Heart
His victim lay helplessly
there on the table.
He picked up the blade
with the handle of sable.
With no thought of mercy
He hefted the knife
And cut out the heart
of that innocent life.
It would do for a side dish
A garnish for meat.
An artichoke heart
Is a healthy taste treat.
John F. McCullagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A knife in the Heart by John F. McCullagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the life ring doesn't fit, Mandolyn ...
- Unspoken Harmony, F. J. Thomas
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Haiku: Lessons Taught To Me By Women, Brian Johnston
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown
- 3 A.M.... wishing I was coming down, Midnights Voice
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- HOLLOW DNOUNCIATIONS AND CONDEMNATIONS A.., MOHAMMAD SKATI