A Hurried Song
Plenteous word, thine sweet tongue
Fail me not; I beseech, a hurried song,
My hand a potent charm, against evil
Spirits and eye, proffered to shield
The beauty from harm. O the waste since;
An age is gone, all that was a bitter vain.
Favor and must I say, I did not ask then,
Warm blood is cold, the wretched old age.
We heard the spring is afoot on the wind,
And they, that the nightingale's lament
Savor is melody, when in autumn his heart.
Messenger breeze, and I send this my love -
How short is spring, drain the good days
The little green shoots, the little pink buds.
On a warm day, drops the broken clouds
On arrayed pavement, -Sheba's mirrors
Plain-. New dew, to the cypress and leas,
And on the leafy path, an oft lark's tweet.
Alight, the seven rainbows, the night gone
A heaven's longing, leap distance to distain;
The lamp's flame on the life is though,
Could kisses be roses on the yellow thorns.
Silence is deeper than all that is said,
Could reason be accompanied in love.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hurried Song by Sadiqullah Khan )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)