A Hurried Song
Plenteous word, thine sweet tongue
Fail me not; I beseech, a hurried song,
My hand a potent charm, against evil
Spirits and eye, proffered to shield
The beauty from harm. O the waste since;
An age is gone, all that was a bitter vain.
Favor and must I say, I did not ask then,
Warm blood is cold, the wretched old age.
We heard the spring is afoot on the wind,
And they, that the nightingale's lament
Savor is melody, when in autumn his heart.
Messenger breeze, and I send this my love -
How short is spring, drain the good days
The little green shoots, the little pink buds.
On a warm day, drops the broken clouds
On arrayed pavement, -Sheba's mirrors
Plain-. New dew, to the cypress and leas,
And on the leafy path, an oft lark's tweet.
Alight, the seven rainbows, the night gone
A heaven's longing, leap distance to distain;
The lamp's flame on the life is though,
Could kisses be roses on the yellow thorns.
Silence is deeper than all that is said,
Could reason be accompanied in love.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Hurried Song by Sadiqullah Khan )
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)