A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives!
One can’t say the house sans nothing
while one is having a chaste and good
hearted wife in the house; he has everything!
while there is no wife and there is a wife who defers
and confronts with wordy dual, that house becomes
a forest with thick bushes where tiger lives!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature from 'moothurai' by Poetess AVVAI of 12th century.
இல்லா ளகத்திருக்க இல்லாத தொன்றில்லை
இல்லாளும் இல்லாளே யாமாயின் - இல்லாள்
வலிகிடந்த மாற்ற முரைக்குமேல் அவ்வில்
புலிகிடந்த தூறாய் விடும்.21 – மூதுரை
Comments about this poem (A house with a deferring wife becomes a forest where tiger lives! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote
- Confused Sea Gods, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- A Cookie Jar, Heather Burns
- Anger, Steve Gregory
- THERE MUST BE A CURFEW ON ALL CATS GLOBAL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Coincidence is hope for a non-believer, Jorge Rolon
- Love's Expression Escorting Me Into a Nu.., wanderer sailor
- Receding From Depleting Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar