A Hand Ring
'I can fashion with my hands, ' he said
an empty space
with which I can then shape
that is round
me of you and I.
draws your smile
a wavy motion
elicits memories of us
spooning on moonlit nights.
I draw an oval
within which we
our love-lined photograph.
I can take your hands
and place them in mine
slipping on your finger
hoping on forever.
You say yes
and my hands
to steady them-
and my happy heart
is now covered with
the one with the ring.
Lonnie Hicks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hand Ring by Lonnie Hicks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak