Walking among hundreds of men
Unknown faces, the voices strange
He looked at each, strange as a stranger
Heard voices, unfamiliar
No affection in eyes any
No smile on cheeks, no shine in eyes
No heart cheered
Arrived in silence, as the winter rain
All in that hall, smiling and laughing
Lost in some past memories
He stood up, in hands a cup
Started to walk, looked at the clock
The hour was late, but his bad fate
He could not rest, in east or west
Not long had he traveled
Steps steady and slow, head hanging low,
In the dark he went.
Appeared on the way
Shining as the moon,
Came to him and said, smiling with cheeks red
Come, be my guest. Have rest.
After time long, his heart sang a song
All worries were gone.
But after some time,
He had to leave again
With misery and his gloom
Enchanting angel’s room
For he was my dear, accepted as GUEST there.
Jahan zaib's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A GUEST by Jahan zaib )
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns