A Grandma Is
A grandma is a mom without children to bother her
and she is too old to worry how she looks
because she knows that beauty comes from the heart.
She may be a little fat but her plump cheeks know how to smile.
A grandma does not need to be clever she just needs to know some answers
and the reasons for things little ones do not understand:
like if the chicken or egg came first
Her body can release her teeth and her gums
without any pain
She is a laugh a minute and more fun than moms ever can be.
Grandma can tie shoes and show you how to do it on your own
and she can count and sing.
She knows the bible and lots of stories by the heart
but does forget where she did park her car
and she bakes and cooks better than mother
and can even do sowing.
She sleeps during the day and stays awake at night
and do not fear the dark
but waits on the angels when they come
and grandma’s love is dear to us.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Grandma Is by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Wanna Marry You, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- i'll churn the butter while you fish, Mandolyn Davidson
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul