A Glimpse At Goodness
Old man cries,
Young lady throws kisses,
Adult longs for a hug,
Babe reaches out to be held.
Something sweet but undefined about him.
His name is known but he remains mysterious;
Attractive and adorable,
Reverential but sweet,
Prayerful and also romantic,
Radiant like his smile,
Warm as his embrace,
Which holds you tightly, reluctantly let you go.
Souls are comforted by his endearing words,
Compassionated due to his ever willing co-suffering.
Goodness is grace and divine.
Soul, why do you doubt?
Weren’t you yourself deeply stirred?
Loving kindness radiates, enlightens, converts.
Goodness permeates the depth of soul.
Goodness of God, God Himself,
Immeasurable, uncatchable, but tangible to a receptive soul.
Praise goodness by imitating her with conviction;
Draw power from goodness, simply by reflection.
Speak to goodness; sing to goodness
Like the innocent blackbird
Chirping by the window pane of the Divine;
On the tip of your lips,
In sparkles of your eyes,
By the attentive look or grave concern.
Every word is measured, refined with sweetness;
Each gesture is acquiescence of Grace.
Glance genuflects toward the Sunlight;
Offering her self-oblation, soul prostrates
While coming in contact with humankind.
Purest voice never ceases to rise to heaven;
Perfection is her aim, like a bird’s morning song
No self-motive, simply praise and adoration,
Natural instinct, without any human contamination,
Simply for the pleasure to please goodness.
Reflect unceasingly upon goodness;
Do not suspect, exact, hesitate on her newness;
Greet her whole-heartedly
As greeting a tender closest friend.
Ask goodness to help to you to befriend
With truth, love, with genuine selflessness.
Approachable, lovable, do-able, active, kind, gentle, humble, gracious,
Just, contagious, influential,
Goodness is ever creative in creating a world, little by little, kinder around the soul.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Glimpse At Goodness by Don Nguyen )
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
- We are superior to all, Aftab Alam
- Love Deity, Aftab Alam
- Your Love Affairs With Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- With love affairs, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)