A Glimpse At Goodness
Old man cries,
Young lady throws kisses,
Adult longs for a hug,
Babe reaches out to be held.
Something sweet but undefined about him.
His name is known but he remains mysterious;
Attractive and adorable,
Reverential but sweet,
Prayerful and also romantic,
Radiant like his smile,
Warm as his embrace,
Which holds you tightly, reluctantly let you go.
Souls are comforted by his endearing words,
Compassionated due to his ever willing co-suffering.
Goodness is grace and divine.
Soul, why do you doubt?
Weren’t you yourself deeply stirred?
Loving kindness radiates, enlightens, converts.
Goodness permeates the depth of soul.
Goodness of God, God Himself,
Immeasurable, uncatchable, but tangible to a receptive soul.
Praise goodness by imitating her with conviction;
Draw power from goodness, simply by reflection.
Speak to goodness; sing to goodness
Like the innocent blackbird
Chirping by the window pane of the Divine;
On the tip of your lips,
In sparkles of your eyes,
By the attentive look or grave concern.
Every word is measured, refined with sweetness;
Each gesture is acquiescence of Grace.
Glance genuflects toward the Sunlight;
Offering her self-oblation, soul prostrates
While coming in contact with humankind.
Purest voice never ceases to rise to heaven;
Perfection is her aim, like a bird’s morning song
No self-motive, simply praise and adoration,
Natural instinct, without any human contamination,
Simply for the pleasure to please goodness.
Reflect unceasingly upon goodness;
Do not suspect, exact, hesitate on her newness;
Greet her whole-heartedly
As greeting a tender closest friend.
Ask goodness to help to you to befriend
With truth, love, with genuine selflessness.
Approachable, lovable, do-able, active, kind, gentle, humble, gracious,
Just, contagious, influential,
Goodness is ever creative in creating a world, little by little, kinder around the soul.
Don Nguyen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Glimpse At Goodness by Don Nguyen )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)