A Girl Who Lost It
Staring into a dirty bathroom mirror,
your eyes are wet,
and your skin is pale.
Did he hurt you?
Did he kill you?
Did he break bread with a stranger,
who got laid on your bed?
Don't worry sweetheart,
it's a for in the road,
What's that you say?
He hung up the world and the moon and the stars?
don't fear, you'll still be okay.
Girl don't do it,
put that syringe away,
don't shoot it,
it's stupid to die,
when you can live another,
ten thousand days.
we'll miss you,
it's sad when you think,
of all the good you could do,
should you just relax and sit down,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Girl Who Lost It by Nicholas Peter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Indian Egnlish, Where Is It? Who The Spe.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blankets Of Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Aisle of our hope's, Elvis Airohi
- A Little While, Luo Zhihai
- Tomb-sweeping Day, Miss Our Grandpa and .., Luo Zhihai
- Not Tied To Limits Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray