I’m a girl with a fragile heart
Bandaged together with care
Cracks spread everywhere
In danger of shattering
Treat it with care-
I only have one.
I’m a girl with trust issues
Break my trust once
It’s so hard to get back
But there is hope
If you want it bad enough
You will work to earn it back.
I’m a girl who uses writing to express herself
I’m not so good with words spoken out loud
Pencil and paper are my voice
My words can be few
And full of meaning
Or lots of words with little meaning
I’m a girl who hates being put on the spot
When asked a question randomly
I freexe up, forget to breathe
My face burns red, my body gets warm
I stutter, trip over my words
Before they turn to someone else.
I’m a girl who is protective
Of her family and friends
Hurt them, I come after you
Hurt me, they come after you
We protect each other
You’ve been warned.
I’m a girl who smiles a lot
Finds happiness in most things
Even the unpleasant ones
Life is full of sunshine
But also filled with rain
The way you see it is up to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Girl by Karley Kay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- FIRE BRAZIER منقل النار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv