A Gathering Of Empty Coffee Cups
We are now down to the ends of things!
My dwindling and steadfast compatriots
Maybe it is now we know
What we had had?
We taste it now more lavishly!
Is there not much else to do?
And if our cups run empty
Just a little tad sooner
What of it!
Isabelle Cooper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Gathering Of Empty Coffee Cups by Isabelle Cooper )
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Quick Glance Of Atlanta, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Al-Quds' freedom حرية القدس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Special, Rachel Nichols
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- De Rong Song, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)