M.D Dinesh Nair
A FRIEND UNSEEN
He is my other friend..
A strange image but a tall one.
He chit chats less, makes rare visits,
And never eats with or says 'see you'.
He is a guy who wasn`t there by me before
He is my other friend...
A breeze of the kind across the phases of my summer,
A soft hand touching my wounds for a healing.
My other friend is there by me.
He is a guy who is seen around my small abode.
In the depths of the torments
Inflicted by the rest and the well known
My other friend surfaces like a pearl.
He lifts me up from the nadir of despairs.
Oh unknown spirits, who is this guy?
First submitted: Sunday, September 13,2009
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FRIEND UNSEEN by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Flames of Hell, Loretta Doyle Smalley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne