A Friend in Need
Friends will quickly leave you
Slight you and deceive you,
Or will not believe you,
If you have a wrong.
Those who hurt will hate you,
Enemies will slate you,
And wiih crams disrate you,
If you h^ve a wroDg.
But if you are righted
Those who coolly slighted
Will be so delighted,
Said so all along.
But you then can show (hem
That you would forego them,
As too well you know them
Since you've had a wrong.
But your friends, God bless them I
Take their hands and prses them,
You'll cot have to guess them
Tf you've had a wronp.
Louisa Lawson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend in Need by Louisa Lawson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji