A Form of Beauty
Pride. Lust. Envy.
Incompetence. Ignorance. Injustice.
Tyranny. Stupidity. Audacity.
Do these not exist?
Benevolence. Intelligence. Prudence.
Capability. Wisdom. Justice.
Humility. Chastity. Pity.
Are these not real?
You who read these words,
Contemplate on them -
Understand their position,
Each with the other!
Love your beauty -
Have the right
To be selfish!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved.
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form of Beauty by Mike Barrett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo
- HELPLESS, Soumita Sarkar Ray