A Form of Beauty
Pride. Lust. Envy.
Incompetence. Ignorance. Injustice.
Tyranny. Stupidity. Audacity.
Do these not exist?
Benevolence. Intelligence. Prudence.
Capability. Wisdom. Justice.
Humility. Chastity. Pity.
Are these not real?
You who read these words,
Contemplate on them -
Understand their position,
Each with the other!
Love your beauty -
Have the right
To be selfish!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved.
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form of Beauty by Mike Barrett )
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Another Crossroads, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am remembering that day, gajanan mishra
- Climbing A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- First Love At First Sight, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)