A Form of Beauty
Pride. Lust. Envy.
Incompetence. Ignorance. Injustice.
Tyranny. Stupidity. Audacity.
Do these not exist?
Benevolence. Intelligence. Prudence.
Capability. Wisdom. Justice.
Humility. Chastity. Pity.
Are these not real?
You who read these words,
Contemplate on them -
Understand their position,
Each with the other!
Love your beauty -
Have the right
To be selfish!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved.
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form of Beauty by Mike Barrett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Raise Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns