A Form of Beauty
Pride. Lust. Envy.
Incompetence. Ignorance. Injustice.
Tyranny. Stupidity. Audacity.
Do these not exist?
Benevolence. Intelligence. Prudence.
Capability. Wisdom. Justice.
Humility. Chastity. Pity.
Are these not real?
You who read these words,
Contemplate on them -
Understand their position,
Each with the other!
Love your beauty -
Have the right
To be selfish!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved.
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form of Beauty by Mike Barrett )
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)