A Form of Beauty
Pride. Lust. Envy.
Incompetence. Ignorance. Injustice.
Tyranny. Stupidity. Audacity.
Do these not exist?
Benevolence. Intelligence. Prudence.
Capability. Wisdom. Justice.
Humility. Chastity. Pity.
Are these not real?
You who read these words,
Contemplate on them -
Understand their position,
Each with the other!
Love your beauty -
Have the right
To be selfish!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved.
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form of Beauty by Mike Barrett )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating Cultures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What A Blessing, Shalom Freedman
- Within India's Veins, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mountains- My fantasy world, tulip mayer
- What Lies Still, Joshua Hillard
- Do you Know Me? ? ? ? ?, William Lindenmuth