A Fool's Plan
Come, a fool said to another,
let’s hide from our nasty past
of evil done by our father,
but their darkness shall not last.
He says to the simple minded,
let’s call Biafra a fiction.
Like we were a perfect kindred
from the start with no friction.
He says, if we strongly deny,
Achebe can seem like liars.
Let’s design history you and I
as gauze is made with some pliers.
Can you tell that fool to be quiet?
We have not learnt from history yet.
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fool's Plan by Ray Anyasi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp
- Plates from Fifteen Years of Marriage, Bill Grace
- Nature's Opera, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Tough Guys, Manny Furious
- Wow, that's a effed up cloud...., Manny Furious