A Fool In Love
Why do I need a prison?
When all I have is you
Locking me from within
Like sardines inside a can tin
Each time we speak
It is all about you
Like a broken record
Spinning out of tune
Do you ever notice?
A happy tear in my eye
You're so engulfed with self-pride
You think the world stops at your feet?
Oh come on!
You can do better than that!
Serenade me with love again
Seduce me like the heart of a jasmine flower
Lure me in with honey eyes
I am ripe with lust heavy with love
Hush: A single kiss I will drop my heart
And into your arms, I seek your nectar
Oh sweet love never enough for hungry eyes
In need of sugar like bees to nectar
Hold me tight and squeeze my soul
For I am a fool in love!
With you I have no control
Just love me like a ripe blood orange
The only bright fruit in your winter's garden!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2011
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fool In Love by Leaking Pen )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul