M.D Dinesh Nair
A FEW PERCEPTIONS
A CLOSED SHOP
I stand outside a closed shop
To buy everything I like.
But when the shop keeper is seen near
I hide behind his shop
And start thinking 'why at all I must buy things'.
Given on the forehead it is affection,
Given on the palm it is love,
Given on the lips it is lust
But what is craved for alone makes a real kiss.
THE END OF THE WORLD
It has to come with a flash news
Written across the sky as, 'THE END'
In the languages written of all regions.
And we have to cry in vein, 'NEXT SHOW PLEASE'
And He will look the most dejected then
With a face He Himself has never seen!
WHEN WE SLEEP
When some sleep they look like children
Let them not open their eyes, let us observe them for long.
When a few sleep they look like corpses
For sleep is the brother of death.
How do I look like I know not.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FEW PERCEPTIONS by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe