RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Favorite Nephew
A young child, a favorite nephew, sitting amidst grown-ups, grieving, yet celebrating his Uncle.
Filled with tears, so young to have to be sitting here listening to stories of people who held his Uncle dear.
Tales and stories he may never remember as he grows older, yet he will always know how much people everywhere loved his Uncle Scott.
Overflowing with tremendous emotional sorrow, how can one so young fathom this thing we call death?
How sweet, his voice reverberating through the church's collective mind, I love you, Uncle Scott, forever.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Favorite Nephew by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns