There was a time in my life
When my heart did not feel whole
Where all I needed was someone to come
And liven up my soul.
And there you came you found me
You knew I needed you
And now I see after all these years
That you had needed me too.
We spent the years side by side
Together we traveled near
We had our fun and memories
With you they were so dear.
And when I reached some low times
Depression met my mind
It was you that rose me to the top
It was your love so kind.
Twelve years had passed since our first glance
I did not want them to end
You filled my heart with so much love
You were more than just a friend.
Yet you grew ill from old age
Growing weaker day by day
And then without me by your side
In your sleep you passed away.
It killed me when you left this world
No chance to say goodbye
A part of my heart taken away
Leaving me in a never ending cry.
Yet still I have those memories
Everything we had before our depart
And because of your love and all that you gave
You left me with your heart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Genevieve Pilat )
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
- My words, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)