There was a time in my life
When my heart did not feel whole
Where all I needed was someone to come
And liven up my soul.
And there you came you found me
You knew I needed you
And now I see after all these years
That you had needed me too.
We spent the years side by side
Together we traveled near
We had our fun and memories
With you they were so dear.
And when I reached some low times
Depression met my mind
It was you that rose me to the top
It was your love so kind.
Twelve years had passed since our first glance
I did not want them to end
You filled my heart with so much love
You were more than just a friend.
Yet you grew ill from old age
Growing weaker day by day
And then without me by your side
In your sleep you passed away.
It killed me when you left this world
No chance to say goodbye
A part of my heart taken away
Leaving me in a never ending cry.
Yet still I have those memories
Everything we had before our depart
And because of your love and all that you gave
You left me with your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones