There was a time in my life
When my heart did not feel whole
Where all I needed was someone to come
And liven up my soul.
And there you came you found me
You knew I needed you
And now I see after all these years
That you had needed me too.
We spent the years side by side
Together we traveled near
We had our fun and memories
With you they were so dear.
And when I reached some low times
Depression met my mind
It was you that rose me to the top
It was your love so kind.
Twelve years had passed since our first glance
I did not want them to end
You filled my heart with so much love
You were more than just a friend.
Yet you grew ill from old age
Growing weaker day by day
And then without me by your side
In your sleep you passed away.
It killed me when you left this world
No chance to say goodbye
A part of my heart taken away
Leaving me in a never ending cry.
Yet still I have those memories
Everything we had before our depart
And because of your love and all that you gave
You left me with your heart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Genevieve Pilat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar