There was a time in my life
When my heart did not feel whole
Where all I needed was someone to come
And liven up my soul.
And there you came you found me
You knew I needed you
And now I see after all these years
That you had needed me too.
We spent the years side by side
Together we traveled near
We had our fun and memories
With you they were so dear.
And when I reached some low times
Depression met my mind
It was you that rose me to the top
It was your love so kind.
Twelve years had passed since our first glance
I did not want them to end
You filled my heart with so much love
You were more than just a friend.
Yet you grew ill from old age
Growing weaker day by day
And then without me by your side
In your sleep you passed away.
It killed me when you left this world
No chance to say goodbye
A part of my heart taken away
Leaving me in a never ending cry.
Yet still I have those memories
Everything we had before our depart
And because of your love and all that you gave
You left me with your heart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Genevieve Pilat )
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)