There was a time in my life
When my heart did not feel whole
Where all I needed was someone to come
And liven up my soul.
And there you came you found me
You knew I needed you
And now I see after all these years
That you had needed me too.
We spent the years side by side
Together we traveled near
We had our fun and memories
With you they were so dear.
And when I reached some low times
Depression met my mind
It was you that rose me to the top
It was your love so kind.
Twelve years had passed since our first glance
I did not want them to end
You filled my heart with so much love
You were more than just a friend.
Yet you grew ill from old age
Growing weaker day by day
And then without me by your side
In your sleep you passed away.
It killed me when you left this world
No chance to say goodbye
A part of my heart taken away
Leaving me in a never ending cry.
Yet still I have those memories
Everything we had before our depart
And because of your love and all that you gave
You left me with your heart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Genevieve Pilat )
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)