Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Dumb-School building felt,
The students’ subconscious stirred,
The passage way with bedewed eyes,
Stood with silent complaint to stop,
The out stepping of one they loved.
Me with my office, and the teachers,
Within the conventional fence responded,
Against emapthy’s bond of our of fellowship,
With no unworthy aim to be separated!
Her request, ’Release’ vibrated!
The tomorrow’s bell, and the prayer,
A cry oozed from their fate as not to share!
Aparna Das, an Assistant Teacher of my school,
Has proved herself a Dignity’s whirl pool.
Scholarly appetite, with silent service to all,
Meek, polite, gentle, the grace of divine enthrall,
Would here in Moula Netagi, remain alive in her deed,
Time’s tyrant wheel, would never pass through her retreat.
Little Sister! wish you the grandest goal,
In this mundane, be the conqueror of Soul!
(To Aparna Das Assistant Teacher Of Moula Netagi Vidyalaya by Ray Subrata)
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Through it all, yvonne stine
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas