Bazi alis Subrata Ray
The Dumb-School building felt,
The students’ subconscious stirred,
The passage way with bedewed eyes,
Stood with silent complaint to stop,
The out stepping of one they loved.
Me with my office, and the teachers,
Within the conventional fence responded,
Against emapthy’s bond of our of fellowship,
With no unworthy aim to be separated!
Her request, ’Release’ vibrated!
The tomorrow’s bell, and the prayer,
A cry oozed from their fate as not to share!
Aparna Das, an Assistant Teacher of my school,
Has proved herself a Dignity’s whirl pool.
Scholarly appetite, with silent service to all,
Meek, polite, gentle, the grace of divine enthrall,
Would here in Moula Netagi, remain alive in her deed,
Time’s tyrant wheel, would never pass through her retreat.
Little Sister! wish you the grandest goal,
In this mundane, be the conqueror of Soul!
(To Aparna Das Assistant Teacher Of Moula Netagi Vidyalaya by Ray Subrata)
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Farewell by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI