M.D Dinesh Nair
A FACE I KNOW NOT
The face of an old man with a colourful turban
At times flashes across my mind.
But I know not the face
Though a face it is.
His eyes are cold and ears are covered most often,
He sees not much but just hears alone,
But now I remember this face!
A Face of all sorts.
12.9 million Faces look up to him now and then
Their tears dry up in the heat of the unkind sun.
Their sighs go unheard as ever before
In the midst of cries.
He and his men are bound on reformations hitherto unheard
‘Making of a future nation it is', they speak out.
Spiraling prices and surging woes
Never deter them a bit.
The ghosts of the past rulers of the great but poor land stir in
Down to the tombs in the English graveyards
And they cry for better verdict upon
Their errors unforgotten.
The Ambanis and their breed look upon and forsee
A nation in the making emerging out.
The pale faces of 12.9 ‘monkeys'
Remain reverted upwards.
An Empire lost!
A nation in the making sheds tears in consolably,
A media man shoots her dark and pale face,
An orator gets applauded and next
An eerie silence sets in.
Though the saber of rage rusts in the sheath of remorse,
Though the wet pen of the bard dries for now,
The face has to vanish now or later
For a phoenix ought to surge
Out of this pyre!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A FACE I KNOW NOT by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- tanka 3, oskar hansen
- I Am Nobody, Michael McParland
- Luggage, Kirsty Higginson
- There Is No Place For True Contributor, Pijush Biswas
- Bachchon ka ghar बच्चों का घर, S.D. TIWARI
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones