A Dusty Letter
Words that lie unwritten,
Might as well be dead,
Like letters that are hidden,
Never to be read.
Can you hear my whispers?
That I make behind your head,
Words, a silent murmur,
Soon to make my bed.
Were that it should happen,
On a well worn day,
You stumble on this letter,
I fear that you'll say,
Be Close with me forever,
But never in that way.
It seems that dusty letters,
Must be hid away.
Craig Jordan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dusty Letter by Craig Jordan )
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)