A Dreamer's Prayer
We're on the same wavelength, someday we'll meet,
And misery and loneliness will concede defeat;
To the tower of happiness together we'll climb,
I'm sure the day is coming, it's just a matter of time.
But loneliness creeps in like a thief in the night,
I can't wait anymore, I'm too weak to fight;
I lose all hope and give in to despair,
Then I fall asleep and find him waiting there.
He holds my hand tightly, and I'm lonely no more,
I find myself standing at heaven's door;
His voice is more lovely than the song of a bird,
He speaks to me softly, but I hear every word.
When I look in his eyes I'm thrilled to see
The soul of a man who's devoted to me;
In dreams there are no laws that we must obey,
And our love is absolved of moral decay.
In dreams there are no barriers; like the birds we are free;
But his face shows a sorrow as he turns from me;
Why is he leaving now - I'm standing alone!
No longer is his strong hand holding my own.
I'm losing my love... oh, now I see,
Someone is trying to awaken me;
And my soul is crying, the emptiness is profound,
If I wake now it's all over - please... don't make a sound!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dreamer's Prayer by Lora Colon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra