Alon Calinao Dy
A Dream Girl
Before I have too much expectations for a girl.
She must be smoking hot and very beautiful.
She must be conservative, educated and rich
But I now realize, you can't have a perfect match.
I was looking around the city
Patiently waiting for a real love to say,
'Come, my baby. Marry me.'
But I now realize, you can't buy or borrow love.
I was a fool when I didn't notice a simple girl
Who made me happy every single day.
She took away my loneliness and put a big drill
Into my closed and selfish heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Dream Girl by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney
- The Ex, stephen pennell
- Let Us Lay Down, Michael P. McParland
- Clears Throat, Mae AC.
- Lonliness And Madness = Useless Loveless.., Michael P. McParland
- Looking At The Stars, Michael P. McParland
- Quiet hearts, maryline vautravers
- Your Place(My Heart), Michael P. McParland
- You're So Beautiful, Michael P. McParland