A Dream Come True
You sweat and worry
About making the grade;
If you can get this one done
You’ve got it made.
Fears and self doubts
Always creep about
Disturbing your dreams;
A journey it seems
With no end.
But this is your challenge;
And yours alone.
You must stand prepared
Ready to make the call;
Pay the piper his due
Lest you stumble and fall.
It is ‘your’ dream after all;
You must carry its burdens
If you seek its rewards.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream Come True by Carolyn Brunelle )
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira