A Dream A Fantasy
when the moon, stars and night arrive
I lay on my comfy bed
and relax into my favourite position
i close my eyes,
and for sleep i await
but not for long
so comfortably i wait!
and away sleep carries me
happily to dreamland i go
i feel my brain going fuzzy
i feel my brain going numb
...what a pleasure
and i think of you only
it's a dreamy pleasure!
feeling as if i am gently floating
floating on a cloud
oh no, i am on a cloud
a cloud so luxuriously soft
a lovely, lovely cloud
i am floating and floating
on a cloud, cloud, cloud!
when going to dreamland
i see the night sky
and one little firefly, flying so high
then i think to myself
wow, it would be so nice
to be a little firefly
a magical little firefly!
then i think of you on summer nights
and how much nicer it would be
if you were a little firefly, too
a magical little firefly
we could fly all over the world
this big wide world, just you and i!
this world we would illuminate, with our lights
so beautifully magical this would be
both of us always together happily
lighting up the world for all to see
this would be my dream come true
forever in twilight’s magical ambience
lighting up the world with you! ! !
Rachel Nichols's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream A Fantasy by Rachel Nichols )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush