A Dog Lover's Tale
Gather 'round friends, and I'll tell you a story;
one that took place not all that long ago.
It's a tale of the rescue of two little puppies;
one was named Zack and the other one Zoe.
On a doorstep, abandoned, these canines were huddled
with just one another upon whom to cling.
A scene that would prompt the most heartless to wonder
who could have done such a horrible thing.
One woman, however, just wasn't content
with wondering who could have done this and why.
In this lovely lady, our four-legged orphans
would find a true friend and a faithful ally.
She took the dogs in and provided them shelter;
a home where the puppies could feel safe and warm.
And all those who knew her were stricken with awe by
the selflessness of the act that she performed.
But I wasn't shocked by this generous outreach.
The act, to me, wasn't much of a to-do.
For the one who took in these two poor little waifs
was a lover of dogs—not at all unlike you.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dog Lover's Tale by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Save My Home, Hamza Al Saieedy
- *II*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Dear uncle, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Spirit of the Hearth, Lynn Anne Brown
- DANDELION, Lilly Emery
- The Moon In Her Eyes, Lilly Emery
- sometimes its difficoult to live in myself, cristobal Benjumea
- Beautiful Mistake, Noorjehan Khan
- A house divided, Doyen Lingua
- Just Be There, Ronell Warren Alman