A Demanding Tenant
My heart is a demanding tenant
that defies common sense.
It doesn’t care what my mind thinks.
It sets up a barrier fence
to complicate this life of mine.
It tells me to leave my senses behind.
It takes a strong will to defy the heart.
It has a will of its own.
It wears you down, tears you apart.
And with its every beat you’ve known
You will not be the winner.
You will lose in the end.
And that tenant that lives inside of you
will never be your common sense friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Demanding Tenant by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- Touch, Francis Wanyiri
- poet laureate i think, lee fones
- सोरनिबा आगान, Ronjoy Brahma
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak