A Day at The Coast (Painted)
A golden orb floats up from the ocean.
Frost on a branch expires in a spiky wet motion.
The sun drips like warm honey,
Inside of my head.
I sit in awe of a delicate thread.
Moss mottled stones whisper 'come hither'.
Pearls on the web shiver and quiver.
Red admirals are hornpiping rocks,
Ever so ancient.
Rugged and worn,
Those pearls in the web,
Enchanting my soul.
The beauty of nature,
Keeping me whole.
Foaming white horses,
Riding the crest of a wave.
Revealing a cave.
Shiny cold water,
Briny wet walls.
Squeezing through tight holes,
Into cavernous halls.
Slimy old seaweed,
Salty old smells.
Broken up crabs
Peering into the dark,
Out through the gloom.
Seeking a seahorse,
Lacking a groom.
A close breaking wave,
Brings me out of the cave.
Barefoot and carefree,
Under the sun,
To slowly start walking,
Then break into a run,
Playing all day,
Reluctant to leave,
Wanting to stay.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day at The Coast (Painted) by Anthony Di'anno )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan