A day at therapy and meditation,
to improve my train of thought,
we improve on something every Wednesday,
a new way of thinking, taught.
Today she complimented me in each and every way,
my head turns off, my ears can't hear,
The negative, more acceptable words to say.
Somehow this is trauma from my past,
since a child, people didn't last.
And so my therapist says I have an empty hole,
We need to fill it up, and make me whole.
I'm furious with my medications,
I'm tempted to throw them out,
this is a sucky way to live,
It makes you want to shout.
The side effects are numerous,
the hands shaking are the best,
blurry eyes, no appetite, from this I want a rest.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day by Lilyann Monahan )
- End Of The Day, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Travelling First Without Class, Alan Bruce Thompson
- The Disappearance Of Time, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)