A day at therapy and meditation,
to improve my train of thought,
we improve on something every Wednesday,
a new way of thinking, taught.
Today she complimented me in each and every way,
my head turns off, my ears can't hear,
The negative, more acceptable words to say.
Somehow this is trauma from my past,
since a child, people didn't last.
And so my therapist says I have an empty hole,
We need to fill it up, and make me whole.
I'm furious with my medications,
I'm tempted to throw them out,
this is a sucky way to live,
It makes you want to shout.
The side effects are numerous,
the hands shaking are the best,
blurry eyes, no appetite, from this I want a rest.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day by Lilyann Monahan )
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)