A day at therapy and meditation,
to improve my train of thought,
we improve on something every Wednesday,
a new way of thinking, taught.
Today she complimented me in each and every way,
my head turns off, my ears can't hear,
The negative, more acceptable words to say.
Somehow this is trauma from my past,
since a child, people didn't last.
And so my therapist says I have an empty hole,
We need to fill it up, and make me whole.
I'm furious with my medications,
I'm tempted to throw them out,
this is a sucky way to live,
It makes you want to shout.
The side effects are numerous,
the hands shaking are the best,
blurry eyes, no appetite, from this I want a rest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day by Lilyann Monahan )
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear', Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)